“Rrjeti Shqiptar – Iniciativa për Transparencën në Industrinë Nxjerrëse”, in English, “Albanian Network – Extractive Industry Transparency Initiative”, AlbNet-EITI,
AlbNet-EITI was formalised on January 25, 2016, as Coalition of Civil Society Organizations involved in the EITI process.
Some members of the Coalition are also members of the Albanian EITI Multi Stakeholder Group – MSG.
The main aim of AlbNet-EITI is:
Protecting and strengthening the role of civil society in the process of transparency of the extractive industry in Albania.
As main objectives are:
– Full support to the EITI process in Albania.
– Awareness of decision-making structures regarding the need for continued transparency and opening of information on annual revenues and contracts in the extractive industry.
– Awareness of operating companies regarding the need for continued transparency and opening of information on annual revenues and contracts in the extractive industry.
– Enhance public awareness regarding the benefits communities deserve due to exploitation of their natural resources
– Influence on local government to invest for the development of living standards, civic education, culture, values and human rights for the population living in areas where the natural resources are exploited.
– Enlarge the network of the Coalition with members from other organizations interested in the EITI process.