In response to the email that the civil society group sent to the EITI MSG Chairman Mr. Ilir Bejtja, on the concern over the delay in selection of Independent Administrator (IA) Procedures for the Preparation of the Official EITI 2017/2018 Annual Report and the new Head of the Secretariat, on 31 October 2019 at the MSG – AlbEITI meeting,the discussions focused on:
- The procedures’s progress on the selection of the Independent Administrator (IA) to prepare the 2017/2018 EITI Annual Report, including consultancy services to assist government agencies in implementing the recommendations of the EITI reports.
- Procedural issues related to the Beneficial Ownership Declaration and the realization of Beneficial Ownership Registry in compliance with EITI requirements.
- Presentation on the EITI National Secretariat’s activities and the inter-municipal meetings agenda with the Local Government.
- Preparation of corrective actions implementation on the purpose of the 2nd EITI International Validation to be completed by June 2020.
- Addressing royalty’s issues and locally revenue effective management.
Inthe meeting, the EITI MSG Chairman and the Deputy Minister of Ministry of Infrastructure and Energy Mr. Ilir Bejtja, thanked representative representatives of CSO-s for thwir contribution in MSG and EITI implementation. During the discussions, the civil society representative Mrs. Anila Hajnaj, along with other EITI MSG members, emphasized the need for inter-institutional coordination regarding the finalization of the process of the draft Law on Transparency in the Extractive Industry, expected to include the BO terms; coordination with the Ministry of Finance and Economy and the Ministry of Justice on the Beneficial Ownership Process, including cooperation with the NRC on data related to the Extractive Industry Beneficial Ownership Registry.
The procedural steps to be followed in the process of selecting the Independent Administrator (IA) for preparation of the 2017/2018 EITI Annual Report were discussed, in accordance with World Bank procedures, and in coordination with the EITI International Secretariat in aspect of timing needed for preparation of this Report.
The EITI National Secretariat activities for the last 4 months was presented during the MSG meeting.